Variable Credit Adjustment
To make adjustments to a variable credit course, please complete the following steps.
Log into Banner Self-Serice Registration Portal
1. Log into Banner Self-Service, click the Student tab, then click the link for Register for Classes
2. When the Register for Classes page opens, use the dropdown menu to select the term, then click the “Continue” button
3. There are three tabs – Find Classes, Enter CRNs, and Schedule and Options. Select Schedule and Options.
Schedule and Options
The Schedule and Options tab will show your schedule with course information. If you have registered for a
variable credit course, the Schedule and Options tab is where you can make changes to the number of credits
for that specific course. Changes can not be made after the add/drop period has ended.
Adjusting the Number of Credit Hours
1. Courses that are variable credit will show the number of credit hours with an underline and will be clickable.
2. Click on the credit hours to reveal the options available. Type in the number of credits you wish to elect for the course, and then hit enter.
3. The new number of credits you elected for the course will display, however it is not automatically saved.
4. You must submit your changes. Click the “Submit” button in the bottom right corner to save the new number of credit hours for your variable credit course.
5. Banner will indicate a successful save of your changes with a message in the upper right corner of your screen.
If you attempt to navigate away from the page before submitting your changes, Banner will prompt you for
action in the top right corner. If you close the webpage without submitting, your browser may prompt you,
depending on your web browser settings.
Always confirm that you have submitted any changes you wish to make.