What is DegreeWorks?
- DegreeWorks is a web-based planning tool to help students and advisors monitor students’ progress toward degree completion. DegreeWorks provides all course requirements for a degree in a particular catalog and indicates which requirements have already been satisfied in a clear and concise audit.
How do I access DegreeWorks?
- You can access DegreeWorks by logging into ULink and then clicking on the Advisor Tab. Under the Student Information box you will locate a link to DegreeWorks.
What is an audit?
- DegreeWorks audit is a complete review of all previous, current, and in-progress coursework that displays information on which requirements are completed and any outstanding requirements necessary to complete a particular degree, major, minor, and/or concentration.
How is the degree audit different from the official transcript?
- The degree audit is a tool to assist in planning the students' academic career and keeps track of their progress towards a degree. The transcript is the official university record. For instructions on obtaining a copy of official transcripts please visit the University Registrar's Office website.
Can a student register for classes in DegreeWorks?
- No. Registration will continue to occur through the self-service portal under the Student Tab.
Can an advisor remove an advising hold in DegreeWorks?
- No. Advisors will continue to remove holds using the Student Advising Profile located in ULink.
How current is the information in DegreeWorks?
- DegreeWorks pulls in all changes that occur to a student record (grade changes, classes add/dropped) on a nightly basis. Any changes made to the student record will be visible the next day.
I think the audit is incorrect. What should I do?
The major/minor/concentration is incorrect or does not appear on the audit:
- If a student has not officially changed or declared his/her major/minor/concentration they will need to do so. Directions for updating a major/minor/concentration can be found on the Academic Success's website. DegreeWorks audit should display the most up to date curriculum record regardless of whether or not the record is effective for the current or future term.
The requirements for the major are wrong:
- Please confirm that the student is in the correct catalog by looking at the Degree block in the top right hand corner. If you believe a different catalog should be listed, you will need to speak with the Dean of your college.
Classes are not applying the in the “correct” spot:
- DegreeWorks uses a “best fit” approach in fulfilling requirements. In some cases, as the student enrolls in and completes additional courses, the classes may shift. Please direct any questions on "best fit" to DegreeWorks@louisiana.edu.
I've approved a substitution and it is not showing in DegreeWorks:
- Please contact the Dean of your college for an update on the approval and/or processing status of the substitution in question.
- If you believe any other information on your audit to be incorrect please email DegreeWorks@louisiana.edu for assistance.
- The major/minor/concentration is incorrect or does not appear on the audit:
Can you save a copy of the audit?
- Yes. You can save a copy of the audit by clicking on the "Save as PDF" button at the top of the audit.
Why is there no audit pulling up in DegreeWorks?
- Students with a catalog of 2016-17 or later will have available audits in DegreeWorks. Students with a previous catalog will not have an available audit in DegreeWorks.
What is the "What-If" feature in DegreeWorks?
- This is a feature that allows you and the student to see how their coursework would fit into an new audit if the student were to change their major before initiating a change of major form.
Does the "What-If" feature change the student's major?
- It does not. An official change of major form is required.
What does the (*) or (**) mean following a major?
- The single asterisk means that a concentration is available but NOT required for that particular major. The double asterisk means that a concentration is required for that particular major.
I selected a concentration but only the major is showing. Why is this?
- Please make sure you selected a concentration that is linked to that particular major. A list of all concentrations and their corresponding majors can be found here.
Are "What-If" audits saved? Can I see a previously run "What-If" audit?
- "What-If" audits are not automatically saved. You will only be able to see a previous "What-If" audit if you or the student save it as a PDF by clicking on the "Save as PDF" button.
Elizabeth Daigle, Assistant Registrar
Martin Hall Room 171