You are here

Withdrawing from a Course

Please consult with the Office of Student Financial Aid as changes to your schedule may impact your financial aid status.

How do I withdraw from a class after the Schedule Adjustment (Drop/Add) Period ends?
Undergraduate students (with less than 60 credit hours or less than a 2.0 GPA) must report to the Academic Success Center (Lee Hall, Room 115) to see a counselor to complete a Resignation/Drop card.
Undergraduate students (with more than 60 credit hours and higher than a 2.0 GPA) and graduate students must report to their academic dean's office to complete a Resignation/Drop card.
Online students in the RN->BSN Program should email their name, ULID, and drop request to
Online students should email their name, ULID, and drop request to (undergraduate students) or (graduate students).
When is the last day to withdraw from a class with grade of "W"?
The deadline to withdraw from a class with a grade of "W" is published in the Academic Calendar
If you are attempting to withdraw from a class after the deadline, you must appeal to the academic dean of your college and present proof of extenuating circumstances before your request can be considered.
How will my financial obligation to the University be affected if I withdraw from a class?
There is no tuition and fee appeal process for fees associated with a course dropped with grade of "W."
Any withdrawal that exceeds the limit stated in the table will incur a fee of $50 per course.